- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 2 heaping Tablespoons Frye’s Cocoa
- Large walnut size of butter (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix all ingredients (except the vanilla) in a stainless steel pot and bring to a boil. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Let boil until mixture starts to rise, and once it starts lowering again, test to see if ready- let the liquid drip from wooden spoon, if it is holding a solid line and not dripping anymore, then drop a little sample in a cup of cold water. If the sample can be formed into a ball, then remove pot from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat the fudge for 5-7 minutes, it is ready when it starts to layer on top of itself.
- Quickly pour into butter greased glass container to cool.